Chiropractic Care/Doctor of Chiropractor
Chiropractors are regulated primary health care professionals, and they are one of only five classes of health care professionals in Ontario that are able to use the title Doctor, with its accompanying rights and obligations.
Chiropractors are highly educated and extensively trained to assess, diagnosis, treat and prevent conditions/disorders of the spine, joints, muscle and nervous systems.
The word “chiropractic” comes from ancient Greek and means “done by hand.”
Chiropractors are specialists in the adjustment of the spinal vertebrae and other joints. The adjustment helps relieve pain and restore normal functioning to the spine, joints and supporting structures of the body therefore you can get back to optimally performing your activities of daily living. Chiropractors are also trained to prescribe therapeutic exercise, provide nutritional counselling, and recommend rehabilitation and injury prevention strategies.
Many patients seek chiropractic treatment for many reasons whether they be for acute or chronic issues and wellness care. It has a role to play in both symptomatic and non-symptomatic conditions. Chiropractic care can help you maintain healthy spine and joint function even if you are not experiencing pain.
Some of the goals may include:
- Increasing range of motion and flexibility
- Improve posture
- Decreasing pain and inflammation
- Optimizing the quality of life through improved performance of activities of daily living
- Retraining and correcting the spine
- Correct gait
- Prevent and manage work related and sports related muscle and joint injuries
- Recommending certain adjunctive exercise programs
Chiropractors at Joint Action Physiotherapy & Wellness Centre work with patients of all ages from babies to seniors and patients from all walks of life. We want to help them achieve the goals that have been discussed upon review and investigation of their particular case. Treatment with simultaneous education on how to manage achieving their goals is truly key. We work with but not limited to patients with pre-existing health conditions as well as non-existing, acute and chronic conditions, patients who have had motor vehicle accidents.
Chiropractors at JointAction Physiotherapy & Wellness Centre treat conditions such as but not limited to:
Spinal and Joint Dysfunction inclusive to extremities
Neck, Mid Back and Low Back Pain
Headaches and Migraines
Strains/Sprains (Spinal Areas as well as Extremities)
Repetitive Strain Injuries
Shoulder Impingement/ Rotator Cuff Issues
Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
Nerve Root Impingement
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Management of Pregnancy Related Back Ache
The Chiropractor at JointAction Physiotherapy & Wellness Centre will:
- Manual Therapy
- Instrument Based Adjusting specific to Activator Methods (R): a low force instrument adjusting technique that is especially useful with arthritic patients, elderly patients and infants.
- Myofascial Release/Trigger Point Therapy
- Modalities (Interferential Current, Ultrasound, Tens)
- Postural Correction Programs
- Stretching and Strengthening Exercise Programs
- Education about managing individual goals related to chiropractic care
If you are unsure if Chiropractic Care is what you need please contact us.
Learn more about the Chiropractors at JointAction Physiotherapy & Wellness Centre.