Remember to take care of you!
The winter season along with the busy holiday period and getting back to our routine after all that can be a little draining for some. We don’t realize how much of our self-care routine we have put on hold. Pick a tip from the list below and try it out! If it doesn’t work for you try something else and share with us any other tips you found are helpful!
Just make sure you allow yourself to take that time for you! Feel free to comment with your tips as well!
1. Taking 5 mins in your day to close your eyes and focus on your breathing
2. Going for a short walk around your building (even march on the spot)
3. Calling and catching up with a friend
4. Looking around you as you walk to and from places (even if it’s around your house or office) and just allowing yourself to see what is going on around you. Practice Mindfulness.
5. Smile! The power of a simple smile can do wonders to our mood and even to those around us!
By: Nelly Temraz, PT.