All about the calf, what is it? How to strengthen your calf muscle!
The calf muscle is made of two muscles: the gastrocsnemius and the soleus. Both are important muscles for pointing the ankle downwards. This movement is central for larger movements like walking, running, and jumping. Try these exercises to strengthen your calf muscles.
1. Heel raise to single leg standing: x10, 2 sets
2. Eccentric heel drop: x10, 2 sets with 3 second drop time
3. Single leg heel raise, x10, 2 sets
4. Single leg jumping: x10, 2 sets
5. Single leg medial/lateral hops: , x10, 2 sets
For a more detailed assessment and exercise prescription that is specific to your body and needs, do not hesitate to schedule a physiotherapy assessment today!